The Governors of Meridian Angel Primary School are:
Eve Hearn - Chair
Patricia Baron - Vice Chair
Lydia Johnson - Governor
Lucy Dang - Governor
Cheryll Milner - Headteacher
Carol Sandercombe – Staff Governor
Melanie Fernandez - Staff Governor
Tomas Osvald – Parent Governor
The Members of the London Community Learning Trust are:
Fr Nigel Asbridge
Mr Tom Mautner
Ms Jeanette Knight
Ms Carol Balfe
Mrs Eve Hearn
Why do schools have Governors?
All state maintained primary schools and Free schools, are accountable to their governing bodies, which in turn are accountable to parents and the community. They are a voluntary body established to oversee the strategic direction and policy making of the school. Governing bodies are required to make decisions which are in the best interests of the children as a whole.
What are the governors responsibilities?
• providing strategic management
• acting as a critical friend to the school
• ensuring accountability
• promoting high standards of education and achievement
• planning the schools’ long term future
• setting the school’s aims and values
• appointing senior members of staff including the Head Teacher
• setting budgetary allocation, control and monitoring
Why do individuals volunteer to be governors?
The school benefits from your contributions and you could benefit from the experience.
• By volunteering as a governor you can help secure a positive outlook for future generations.
• Volunteers can benefit through developing transferable skills. As a governor you can build on your team working skills; network with a variety of different types of people; gain experience in different fields such as project management, finance, marketing, administration and so much more.
• Training is provided by a separate third party for those that will benefit from it.
Who are the governors?
The main governing body consists of volunteers drawn from the following sources (including vacancies).Executive head Teacher, parent governors (2), staff governors (2) and co-opted governors (5)
We are always looking to recruit parent governors. Just enquiring does not commit you to the role, so ask all the questions and likewise we will too. If there are no vacancies still please register your interest, so we know who to approach next time.
When and how would I contact the Governors?
The Governing Body welcomes the views of parents on how to improve the school, or to address any areas of concern, so please feel free to contact us if not in person then by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us, ensuring any correspondence is marked for the attention of the Chair of Governors in an envelope and left with the School office.
Further independent information can be found at national Governors Association website
The Governing Body
The Governing Body has responsibility alongside the staff of the school,to help and support the general running of the school.
This includes contributing to decisions about:
Finance, Curriculum, Health and Safety, Premises, Welfare and Discipline standards, Staffing and Policies.
The Chair and Governors visit the school on a regular basis.