School Council and Ambassadors
Our School Councillors and Ambassadors work together to ensure that
our termly values are embedded to give each child a happy and valuable
experience at Meridian Angel.
Our vision' that our Christian community gives each and every child the opportunity to lead their lives with hope and resilience, whilst building lasting friendships'
and understood by all of our children and promoted through our School
Council and Ambassadors.
How do we appoint?
- In the Autumn term Year 6 children who would like to be an Ambassador apply by filling out an application form.
- They then prepare a persuasive speech and present it to the rest of the school during assembly.
- KS2 vote for their favourite speech by filling out a ballot form.
- The votes are then counted and the children are then elected as a School Ambassador.
- Each elected child have a blazer to wear for the rest of the year and have their photographs displayed in the school.
What is School Council?
- Our elected group of School Councillors attend meetings and discuss how to make the school better. They are good role models to the rest for the children at Meridian Angel.
- We have two School Councillors from each year (1-6).
- The lead teacher, along with the School Councillors advice, writes the agenda, and they write up the minutes and ensures everybody knows when the meetings are and what they should be doing. This will be an exercise that will later be passed on for the children to do independently during the school year.
What do they do?
- School Councillors listen to their class and write any ideas down to be discussed at the meetings.
- Each fortnight, they all meet to discuss the focus for Meridian Angel and plan our sessions altogether.
- All children will be taking their own notes and be given any resources.
- The School Councillors are then equipped to deliver a session to their class, carrying out any activities planned.
- Each time they meet they reflect on our sessions and help each other to plan the proceeding session.
Why is School Council important?
- At Meridian Angel we feel it important to give our children a voice in how we can improve our school.
- The School Councillors can make a difference by coming up with lots of great ideas.
What is a School Ambassador?
- Our elected group of School Ambassadors attend meetings and discuss how to improve the whole school. They are good role models to the rest for the children at Meridian Angel.
- They represent the school and know all about Meridian Angel.
- We have four School Ambassadors from Year 6 (one vice).
What do they do?
- School Ambassadors attend School Council meetings and give input and support for any ideas. They also have the vision of the whole school in their minds to advise the School Council.
- When appropriate, they meet with the Head Teacher and/or School Governors to discuss the focus for Meridian Angel and how we can improve it for the children.
- They then advise and share ideas in how they can help, giving the children of Meridian Angel one combined voice.
- Many visitors to Meridian Angel will be shown around and informed by the School Ambassadors.
- They take an active role in the safety and happiness of others by doing a playground duty each week if needed
- They are highlighted during collective worship and in the lunch hall as role models and assist adults when needed to set a good example to others.
Why are School Ambassadors important?
- At Meridian Angel we feel it important to give our children the opportunity to have a say in how our school is run to ensure that the children’s needs are fulfilled.
- The School Ambassadors can make a difference by presenting one voice to represent the children at Meridian Angel.